HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!
Summit County, Utah has a BIG reason to celebrate. Its 3 resorts Deer Valley, Park City and Canyons were all named in the top 10 resorts in Ski Magazine! Here are a few of the reasons why.
Only 14 days left until Deer Valley opens! The new improvements are in and ready to go. Here is a post from Deer Valley.
Deer Valley Resort has invested $8 million in improvements for the upcoming 2012-13 ski season.
Winter ski guests accustomed to Deer Valley’s first-class service and amenities will be treated to even greater benefits with the resort’s scheduled $8 million worth of improvements for the 2012-13 season. Leading the list of upgraded amenities is the replacement of the Deer Crest chairlift on Little Baldy Peak with a high-speed detachable quad to be named Mountaineer Express, which will increase the uphill skier capacity by 1,200 skiers per hour.
“Deer Valley Resort is dedicated to remaining the #1 resort in North America and we are continually assessing needed improvements that will be the most advantageous to our guests,” said Bob Wheaton, resort president and general manager.
Additional improvements include remodeling the Snow Park Restaurant, replacing the wooden deck at Empire Canyon Lodge with heated pavers, expanding snowmaking capabilities to more terrain in Empire Canyon, purchasing additional low-energy, air-water snowmaking guns and purchasing five additional Prinoth Snowcats, including one Beast Groomer.
Park City Resort is open and enjoying the snow from the recent storms. Here is a post on where to enjoy eating at Park City Mountain Resort.
When you are enjoying Park City Mountain Resort you have some great Apres-ski options. Here they are, enjoy!
- Legends Bar and Grill: Located on the Plaza Level of Legacy Lodge, incredible food and beautiful atmosphere.
- The Corner Store Pub & Grill: Live music 4-6 days a week and a full bar this is a great place to relax after a long day on the slopes. Indoors or outside on the patio, The Corner Store is the most affordable place to eat and drink you will find on a ski vacation.
- PayDay Pizza : Located on the 2nd floor of Legacy Lodge it is a great place for dine-in or take-out fresh baked pizzas, spicy wings or warm pretzels. A great way to relax on the deck of the Legacy Lodge, by the fireplace or to watch a game on the large-screen TV with a cold beer. Open Christmas through March 25th.
- Baja Cantina: Family restaurant open for lunch, dinner and apres-ski everyday.
- Pig Pen Saloon: Known for it’s delicious grilled burgers, casual atmosphere, and amazing views from the slopeside deck.
- The Viking Yurt: Plan your apres-ski before you even reach the bottom of the mountain! Located at the intersection of Homerun and Crescent lift.
Canyons is also open and full of fun!
Canyons Resort caters to folks who really love to ski and snowboard and can appreciate how well our diverse terrain holds and protects an average annual 355 inch bounty of snow. Whether you visit as a family, a group or a single, you’ll find endless terrain for every style and ability. Take your pick: Long and gentle. Big and bowled. Steep and steeper. Aspen and pine.
So, as you go about your shopping and think about that annual ski vacation, give us a call and we will get your lodging taken care of for you.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and Happy Skiing!