How to buy a ticket for a film at Sundance by Sundance Institute
Whether you like to plan ahead or make decisions on the fly, there are a number of ways to get tickets to the over 200 dramatic, documentary, and short films presented at the Sundance Film Festival. Follow these easy steps and then join us in January.
1. Know Your Options
It’s true – getting tickets to the Sundance Film Festival takes getting your hands dirty. So roll up your sleeves, learn about the different options, and decide which one is the best match for you.
- Festival Passes: Festival Passes give you priority access to screenings without having to select tickets in advance of the Festival. Simply show up at the screening of your choice at least 30 minutes prior to the published screening start time to gain priority entrance to the theatre. All Pass Holders must be seated 15 minutes prior to the published screening start time to guarantee their seats.
- Ticket Packages: Ticket Package Holders have the first chance to select tickets prior to the Festival. Designed for two or more people, each Ticket Package comes with a set number of tickets and two Festival Credentials.
- Individual Tickets: Looking to add a couple extra tickets to your Ticket Package? Or maybe you’re looking to attend a few screenings during the second half of the Festival? Individual Tickets are the remaining tickets from Ticket Package selection. Advance Ticket availability for the first half of the Festival is extremely limited, but there are still plenty of films to see during the second half of the Festival. The best part? Individual Tickets are only $15 each.
- Utah Locals: Year-round Utah Locals get special access to Festival Passes, Ticket Packages, and Individual Tickets. Click here to learn more about Locals Festival Passes, Ticket Packages, and Individual Tickets.
2. Register Online
Festival Passes, Ticket Packages, and Individual Tickets are in high demand, so you MUST first register online to be eligible to receive a timeslot to purchase. Our system randomly assigns purchase timeslots to registrants. All public registration periods begin at 9:00 a.m. (MT) and end at 5:00 p.m. (MT).
Registration is not first-come, first-served.
3. Look for Your Email Notification
Once the registration period is complete, our system randomly assigns purchase timeslots to registrants. If you are assigned a purchase timeslot, your email notification will include the date and time you have been assigned to return to our website to make your purchase.
4. Make Your Purchase
During your assigned purchase timeslot, go to our website and click on the purchase link to complete your transaction. You’ll need to enter your email address, password, and account code in order to login and make your purchase. Once your transaction is complete (you’ll see a confirmation number on the screen), we’ll update you with emails letting you know all the details.